FUKUVI USA CAN CO-EXTRUDE MULTIPLE MATERIALS TO ADD FUNCTION TO YOUR EXTRUSION.
Co-extrusion is one of Fukuvi USA’s core capabilities. We can extrude rigid and flexible materials together for a dual durometer extrusion with added value and function. We can also co-extrude PVC and acrylic for a high-gloss, highly cosmetic surface, or capstock for added UV protection.
Co-extrusion of rigid and flexible plastic:
A dual durometer extrusion of soft and rigid material can give your part a competitive advantage in a number of ways.
- Functionality – Add function to your part with a combination of rigid and flexible materials.
- Versatile Design Possibilities – Incorporating co-extrusion in your parts can open up a world of design possibilities by allowing features that can not be achieved with a single material.
Possible uses of rigid/flexible co-extrusion:
- Friction Surfaces – Flexible PVC or TPE can be used where added friction is needed. Flexible material can be added to hold mating parts in place, for example
- Flexible Hinges – Flexible material can be used between two rigid sections of the extrusion to create a functional hinge for parts that need to be moveable.
- Vibration Reduction – You can incorporate soft material into your rigid extrusion to help absorb vibration in speakers, televisions, etc.
Co-extrusion of PVC and Acrylic:
Fukuvi USA can extrude PVC and acrylic together for a premium high-gloss finish.
You can give your furniture, appliance, or other trim pieces a superior, high-quality cosmetic appearance with this specialized co-extrusion technique.
The use of a layer of capstock on your extrusion can add UV protection. This method is useful for an extrusion of a darker color that will be exposed to sunlight.
If you think a co-extrusion would help your part achieve its intended purpose, please don’t hesitate to give Fukuvi USA a call.